At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
What you'll do:
The Data Engineering team runs a highly scalable data platform with the goal to empower Jimdo colleagues and customers with timely, actionable and reliable data.
Jimdoers have an insatiable appetite for data! Executives want to understand the business direction and identify untapped opportunities. Product and Marketing teams are constantly measuring the success of their actions and running experiments. Engineers want to easily implement event tracking and augment their applications with real time data intelligence. As a Data Engineer, you will be at the heart of all of this, and collaborate very closely with analytics engineers, analysts, and many more users of our data platform to understand their challenges and solve them with scalable, reliable data products.
- Your work will involve building, optimising and maintaining data pipelines to ingest, transform and deliver data.
- You will be a key owner of our data platform, responsible for the resilience and reliability of the platform and the quality of the data.
- You will also be expected to design, build and operate parts of the data infrastructure and DataOps tooling (with support from other engineers).
Our Data Platform is built on best-of-class stack and constantly evolving. At this point we mostly use AWS stack (Redshift, S3, DMS, Kinesis and more) , although we are currently replatforming to Snowflake. We also make heavy use of Python, SQL, DBT and Airflow for our data pipelines. Our infrastructure is built on Kubernetes, Docker, and Github Actions, and uses Terraform.
What We Value:
- We achieve quality through technical excellence. For a business to successfully use data to drive decisions and actions it must be able to have access to reliable, accurate, and timely data. Reports, dashboards, data pipelines and other data assets that are considered ‘production-grade’ must be built with a focus on quality and reliability.
- Speed matters more than perfection. Sometimes an approximate answer to the right question, at the right time, matters more than an exact answer to the wrong question or too late. Data teams should aim to deliver maximum value as quickly and simply as possible, even if that means cutting down on features and details that are adding less value.
- We are great partners. Successful data teams build strong relationships with the various business stakeholders to ensure that they proactively address the most pressing business problems and drive actions that will yield maximum value.
- We know our customers. Successful data teams must constantly ensure that they have deep knowledge of Jimdo’s customers and understand the customer experience.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Shruti is looking forward to receiving your application.