At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That’s where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you’re motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
- Implement new features that help users to successfully share their business, projects and ideas. That’s what they love about us!
- Develop payment, billing, invoicing, catalog, and other associated services.
- Enrich the Jimdo products by designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- You enjoy and have at least 5 years of professional experience building web applications
- 5+years of experience with JVM based languages
- You are comfortable working in different parts of the stack
- You have experience building and running production systems
- You have experience with database and schema design (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB)
- You have experience making and evaluating architectural decisions within a microservice environment
Nice to have:
- You have experience with Cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with some or all aspects of Subscription Billing
- Experience with German / European billing and invoice regulatory requirements
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Shruti is looking forward to receiving your application.