You’re not only an innovative copywriter and captivating storyteller but also passionate about small businesses? Good – you might be just the one we’re looking for at Jimdo. Because small business is our business. With our web builder we’re creating the tools they need to succeed in today’s ever-changing world – whether it’s a website or an online shop.
As a copywriter, your mission is to develop and deliver our most compelling and effective written content to customers. You have a vision for how to spread the word about Jimdo and create a deep connection with new and existing customers. For that, you have to be passionate about helping small business owners and sharing their stories. You’ll have an influential role in shaping Jimdo’s growing creative team, working closely with writers and designers from our Creative Studio to craft and translate the best, most creative content ideas for different markets.
- You will drive the copywriting through ideation, development, and writing for Jimdo’s customer-facing channels, including landing pages, performance marketing, 360° campaigns and sometimes blog articles, social media and newsletters.
- You will work on UX copy and tell the tale about our product and features, always with our customers needs in mind.
- You will ideate and develop copy-led concepts and campaigns - from Facebook ads to 360° campaigns.You will deliver regular, high-quality writing together with the team.
- You will specialize and focus on creative writing and stories that make the Jimdo brand resonate emotionally with our audience of self-employed entrepreneurs.
- You will provide clear, constructive feedback, mentoring, and editing for other copywriters.
- You will actively work to craft, implement, and monitor our Tone of Voice & Brand Guidelines, ensuring consistency and quality across all written channels in an international environment.
- 2+ years of professional writing experience, preferably at agencies, online publishing, tech or consumer software / app companies
- Demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality, engaging content on a tight schedule.
- Openness to new formats and ideas. Ability to balance creative needs with business goals and KPIs.
- Strong understanding of the requirements for different types of text and ability to switch between them (for example, you can write an instructional how-to, a marketing newsletter, an inspirational user story, and catchy headlines for a landing page)
- Knowledge of online marketing, small businesses, and website builders is a plus
- Ability to use and understand data to inform your work
- A passionate team player
- Native German and fluent English
- Portfolio submission required
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Shruti is looking forward to receiving your application.